There may be a time when you need to uninstall the Dynamics CRM Outlook Client. Typically, this will happen because the Outlook plugin has failed. Some clients may experience an intermittent connection failure. It’s unfortunate, but easily remedied by uninstalling and then reinstalling Outlook.
Like all Microsoft troubleshooting, be cautious when uninstalling. Make sure you are directly logged into the affected machine. And we at Tricension are always ready to help.
How to Uninstall Outlook Client manual
1. Uninstall all CRM and SQL Server (if exist) components from Add or Remove Programs.
2. Delete following folders:
• C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM
• C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server
• C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition
Note: Run the Windows Explorer as Administrator. If it says any files are in use and does not allow you to delete the folder, click Start > Run, type services.msc and click OK. Stop any SQL services that are running, and then delete the folder.
3. Click Start > Run, type regedit , and then click OK.
Important: Before applying any changes, make sure to take a backup of your registry.
4. Delete all of these keys that still exist:
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Microsoft Office Outlook
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Microsoft\MSCRMIntegration
5. Use the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter to remove any residues
Remove both of these entries:
• (All Users) Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 English (United States) Language Pack
• (All Users) Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Microsoft Office Outlook
6. Restart your computer.
7. Download and reinstall Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Office Outlook
For more information, please also see: